Last updated: 27th January 2023
2. Who we are and how to contact us
OSPL First Floor Offices, Salter’s Yard, Folly Bridge OX1 4LA, United Kingdom is the data controller in respect of your personal data. We are responsible for deciding how and why we store and use your personal data.
If you wish to contact us directly, please send an email to [email protected]. Complaints will be dealt with by the Legal Director at OSPL within 30 days.
3. Types of personal data we collect
We collect your personal data when you visit the websites of OSPL or our subsidiary publications, or when you sign up for newsletters or events held by OSPL. Some data is collected by cookies when you visit our websites. We will only collect your personal data in line with applicable laws.
The data that is collected includes, but is not limited to: your IP address, browser settings, geolocation data, page views and limited data from your social media when it interacts with the social media of our subsidiary publications. If you sign up to a newsletter or subscription, we will collect your name and email address.
4. How we collect personal data
We collect personal data when you:
- Access and interact with any of our websites
- Sign up for newsletters or subscriptions
- Follow us on our social media platforms
- Purchase any items from our store
5. How we use your personal data
We use personal data collected through our sites only when we have a valid reason and the legal grounds to do so. We seek your consent and make clear the purpose of the use when collecting your data. Some uses of your data include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the website usage
- Internal administration purposes
- Enabling you to share our content
- Carrying out administrative activities such as the delivery of our magazines
- Fulfilment of store orders, and associated support
- Personalising advertisements through Google AdSense
6. Security of your personal data
We have implemented the necessary technical and organisational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, damage, or destruction. To this end, we do not ask you to link social media accounts nor create accounts with our website. Data sharing with third party organisations is also minimised as far as possible.
7. When we sell or share your personal data
Your data may be shared for the following purposes:
- Upkeep of the website through hosting servers
- Advertising purposes through partner organisations such as Google
- Communications and analytics e.g. on social media
- Where required by law
8. How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data for only as long as we need to for the purpose it was collected (see above, section 5). This depends on the use of that data. For example, we will keep your email and personal details upon subscription to our newsletter, and remove such data once you unsubscribe. You may also contact us to have your data removed (see above, section 2).
9. How we may contact you
We may send you emails for marketing and communications purposes (including the fulfilment of any orders, and associated activities). We also contact you when you have made a query or complaint with OSPL or our subsidiary publications.
10. Cookies and similar technologies
When you visit our websites, we may collect personal data automatically through cookies or similar technologies. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you.
11. Your privacy and data protection
As per the GDPR, you have a number of rights with regards to the personal data we hold about you. You can contact us with regard to the following rights:
1. Right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you
2. Right to correct the personal data we hold about you
3. Right to have the personal data we hold about you deleted or withdrawn
Such requests should be made to [email protected]. Requests will be addressed within a month, and the time needed to process such requests will vary with the complexity and scale of the request.